The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do a 2-3 cam setup (thinking Zoom Q2ns) for guitar lesson videos. How hard is it to edit the angles into one video and what’s the best software? I run a kickass windows PC that I would use for editing, so please bear that in mind when suggesting editing software!

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Having never done anything like that...

I would think the hardest part must be syncing the videos. Once you have the videos in sync, it's just a matter of choosing your shots. Try to use the sound from one source.

I'm cheap. I have a set of programs called MEGUI that I would use, or I would do it on my Ipad.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Sync can indeed be one of the tricky things. As I detail in the video, some knowledge of post processing of audio is useful too. I used a low cut filter to reduce road noise in that video, and there’s a segment where I remove the low cut filter so you can hear the difference.

L

·
0 Posts
I've recently got into it myself.
Picked up a Zoom Q2ns as well. Been doing trial and error and I'm getting comfortable with the settings.
For editing, I use Vegas Pro 13. Again, trial and error.
Try to use the sound from one source.
If I have more than one source, I'll sync them up and blend the levels to get a overall fuller sound..

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
I’ve thought about doing a multi pane video of some songs I recorded a capella a couple of years ago. I’m fairly sure I’d need a rent-a-geek or some bright young person to assist.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts