The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

421 - 433 of 433 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
Try one in store to see if you bond with it. I had a GT-8 to record and use headphones but I could never get it sounding authentic enough to use. Sold it for my first tattoo session I think haha.

L

·
0 Posts
I also have the opportunity to pick up a POD xt live from a buddy for $200.
Kinda big I think and it only has the digital display. I like dials.

L

·
0 Posts
For tweaking I mean.
My eyes aren't what they used to be (and neither is my back for bending over. lol).
The Pod's probably more than I need/want anyways.

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
The POD is simpler in layout in that the 6 knobs control the parameters, and you would choose what effect you're editing. The BOSS layout is "here's your controls... multiplied, for each effect!"

The POD will have amp sims as well, whereas the ME is effects only. You can probably find a more updated version of the ME as well. That said, if you want affordable effects a la ME look at the Line 6 M5.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Picked up the Zoom G3...not what I expected so far...might take it back and stick to individual pedals.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
To this day I have the most satisfaction with pedals into an amp. See davetcan's post about his 11r and then plugging into his amp.

Multi effects are fun and modellers with multi fx are funner but I still get lost in the tweaking and thus end up not playing as much.

K.I.S.S.

Reactions: davetcan

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #429
How about the meeting? Did you pummel them with your Box of Rocks until they relented? AC/DC riffs at 40 paces, and see who's left standing? "The Youngs? You can't handle the Youngs!"
I made their ears bleed! lol

·
Administrator
15,984 Posts
To this day I have the most satisfaction with pedals into an amp. See davetcan's post about his 11r and then plugging into his amp.

Multi effects are fun and modellers with multi fx are funner but I still get lost in the tweaking and thus end up not playing as much.

K.I.S.S.
There's a "thump" I get from big iron that i have yet to duplicate with any of the modelers I've tried, other than a Johnson Millenium JM150 many years ago. I love the 11r as an interface and direct in but the instant gratification from good amp and pedals is hard to beat for me. Milkman has had great results with modelers though, some of his youtube vids on the Vox pedals were really really good, so it can be done. It could just be the old fartiness in me :)

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
I have a POD 2.0 (the original kidney bean style). It's super simple, sounds great through a keyboard amp. You can find them really cheap on kijiji. It has no footswitch though, so whatever sound you pick, you play until your song ends.
It's all knobs. You don't even have to look at the screen unless you are using the tuner. I keep it in 'manual mode' and never use their presets.

Full disclosure, I ordered an 11r (new) but won't get it until March since I had it shipped to my US address. I do plan to keep the POD though, forever.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I also had a pod, not sure the exact version. Old one, got it in 2004. Got a big foot controller for it and yes it was fun and sounded decent. For me the best part was you could grab your axe throw the pod in a backpack and go jam. 1 trip out to the car and about 5 lbs aside from the guitar. Gagged with it a few times and my only problem was lack of a good clean tone. And volume differences between presets.

When your guitar in the heaviest piece of gear you need to carry you know you got it good. I have a.d.d. though so I still stick to my previous post. Pedals and tubes ftw.

Tweakers delight though especially with the cpu software, although I hardly used a fraction of the softwares capabilities. It had knobs and was super easy to use. Kinda wish I still had it for late night rocking out.

421 - 433 of 433 Posts