The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a stellar Gene Jeanie lesson? Some of the ones on You tube are not the best. That opening riff is done 3 different ways. I am hearing one thing but yet I hear something different in the YT vids.

This is such a cool Bowie classic! I need to play this song!

·
Administrator
17,307 Posts
If your fingers won't cooperate on the B to A riff as shown just play them at the 7th and 5th frets, as you normally would on a 12 bar and very few people will hear the difference. :)

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your fingers won't cooperate on the B to A riff as shown just play them at the 7th and 5th frets, as you normally would on a 12 bar and very few people will hear the difference. :)
Thx Dave! That part is no problemo for me. I am already working on the solo. I have most of it except getting it up to speed. I appreciate your reply! A great BIG thx to you!

·
Administrator
17,307 Posts
Thx Dave! That part is no problemo for me. I am already working on the solo. I have most of it except getting it up to speed. I appreciate your reply! A great BIG thx to you!
Well you're way ahead of me then :D

Reactions: Lola

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This song is so much fun to play. This particular video gave me some excellent insight to this song. Still working on the solo though! Getting it up to speed with that little Chuck Berry sequence in the solo is kicking my butt a bit. Just got to persevere.

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The other posted video is more accurate than the one you posted @Lola
Agree. What I did was watch a few of the lessons and sort of took bits and pieces of each and put them together in my own version. My version sounds pretty accurate. Maybe not 100% accurate but pretty close! I am good with that. Thx JB for your comment.

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Close enough for rock 'n roll :cool:
That’s that really matters!

I do try to be accurate but sometimes you just can’t and you have to get a close as you can! I am so good with that!

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just heard another song that I forgot about totally. One from my days if youth(totally overrated) lol

I want to learn this too!

It’s funny how things come together! I have learned so many songs and I am so grateful. When you find the similarities in some songs you are familiar with, you can sometimes apply them to new material. Or, when you are improvising.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I've always wanted to find that album in a used bin, get out a Sharpie and connect the dots. Maybe learn Slip Kid and tack Squeezebox after it to make an album medley!

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've always wanted to find that album in a used bin, get out a Sharpie and connect the dots. Maybe learn Slip Kid and tack Squeezebox after it to make an album medley!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts