The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

MOSPORT 50th anniversary F1 event

1K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  jayoldschool 
#1 ·
MOSPORT had a 50th anniversary historic event this weekend...50 years since the first F1 race there, in 1967

a whole lot of vintage F1 cars showed up.

including one of Gilles Villeneuves Ferraris:

a BRM

Ronnie Peterson's March:

a Walter Wolf driven by Jody Scheckter ( I believe he won Monaco in this? )

Graham Hill's car from when he started his own team:

See less See more
#5 ·
Been there a number of times. Can-Am cars caused around 7.2 on the Richter scale I was sure. My brother raced there a few times in a Sunbeam Alpine. Last time there a tire broke off - after doing several 360s, he walked away. End of his race career. I was last there with my daughter when she 13. Enjoyed it a lot.

Oh,... and the Strawberry Fields Rock Festival in August 1970 :)

#6 ·
Been there a few times in the 70's for motorcycle racing. Usually camped overnight. It was always a fun weekend.

Reactions: bolero
#10 ·
I loved watching f1 as a kid...far too often though I got to see my heroes get killed, and eventually my interest went with them.

Loved the sounds that resonated with me through all these years and influenced my choice of bucket list car last year.

There's was something really awesome about not having a clue what any of those sponsorship brands did too lol.

Although I'm a Ferrari guy, that John Player Special Lotus car was soooo badass.

Reactions: bolero
#16 ·
yes, you can walk/drive around the whole track & get excellent views

it's amazing compared to say, the Toronto Indy, where you can barely see through the advertising in the fencing, and all the restricted seating

not only that, you can camp trackside

I camped right at the hump on the back straight. it's pretty cool to wake up to cars lapping in the morning

ticket for the whole weekend, including camping, was only $30 (!!)

there were lots of families/kids there too. they were having a blast

#21 ·
yes, you can walk/drive around the whole track & get excellent views

it's amazing compared to say, the Toronto Indy, where you can barely see through the advertising in the fencing, and all the restricted seating

not only that, you can camp trackside

I camped right at the hump on the back straight. it's pretty cool to wake up to cars lapping in the morning

ticket for the whole weekend, including camping, was only $30 (!!)

there were lots of families/kids there too. they were having a blast

What a great pic, although I doubt that 'barbed wire Armco' would pass scrutineering anymore. Depending on how fast and heavy the cars are, I wouldn't want to turn my back on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.