The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the newest pics of my guitar project. The bridge and tailpiece are not attached yet. I am still thinking about getting some sort of roller bridge for it, maybe a Wilkinson or one of the knock-off Tune-o-matics with the roller saddles. Anybody have any experience or opinions on either? Sure would like some help on this one! Once I get the Br/TP installed, I can remove all the goodies, finish sand and get to staining!

-Mikey

·
Registered
1,065 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
That second roller TOM style bridge is what I have on my maple carve top (the yellow one) I had pics up on HC. It works fine, and I dont break strings, stayts in tune great.

What colour are you going to do your guitar? Or what kind of finish?

AJC

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's my plan-rub on some black and then rub it off again. I'm hoping to get a grey guitar with black grain showing to go with all the black hardware, then probably a couple of coats of clear polyeurethane. I was considering nitrocellulose, but I have a guitarist friend at a body shop who suggested the poly as a more serviceable alternative, and I like the idea that it won't yellow with age.
-Mikey

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Wilkinson has adjustable intonation on the saddles. I'm going to get both and decide which to use when I have them in my hot little hands.
-Mikey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts