The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a deadly HH guitar.

What's the deal on these?

Brian's guitars seem to be held in high regard and these bluesmasters look killer.

Any input is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Great guitars!

They are best compared to the best Gibson Custom Shop LPs, but you get to pick a variety of custom features in terms of wood, hardware, and features. Brian's necks are also remarkably comfortable, typically with a boatneck feel, but he'll do whatever you want.

There's a great deal on a Swingbilly right here:
https://www.guitarscanada.com/index.php?threads/monty-swingbilly-custom.179657/
Same as a Bluesmaster, but has a Bigsby. And is chambered (but Brian does the Bluesmaster with chambering as well)

My Bluesmaster, with a figured birch top:

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I keep reading they're great guitars..Oddly, the only negative i've heard was about the finish. At least three guys I know say they were a bit disappointed with the finish having issues at spots (paint drips, flaking, etc)

·
Premium Member
16,801 Posts
If you can swing a monty then there's no shortage of awesome HH singlecuts you can buy haha. Narrow down what features you want and then try some out.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
I keep reading they're great guitars..Oddly, the only negative i've heard was about the finish. At least three guys I know say they were a bit disappointed with the finish having issues at spots (paint drips, flaking, etc)
I can only speak from personal experience. I've owned nine Monty guitars. All of them had superb, thin nitro finishes that did not suffer from drips or flaking.

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
My finish was also flawless. I've never heard of there being any problems with the finish. Mind you, it's got a bunch of issues now (mostly due to sitting at my desk with it while learning tunes off of youtube)

monty2.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts