The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
LOL, yes, we do have some [email protected]#y roads here. Glad you enjoyed the city. I was there a month ago with my son. I hate big cities but discovered that if you walk, bike or use public transportation, not so bad.

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
<snip> I HATE YOUR F*CKING ROADS. My ass hurts./rant
You made it back alive so you missed the worst of their bridges.

You can only drop a foot or so on their roads destroyed by decades of corrupt governance; the drop from under-built and under-maintained bridges resulting from the same corruption tends to kill people.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Best city in Canada to visit, enjoy the food en women.
That said, its also the most corrupt governent across Canada were we pay the most taxes to pay for first quality material and get 3rd quality. Even the mob here takes notes and lessons from the gouvernent on how to be better crooks!!!

As for the roads. I avoid crossing in Montreal, going around it to get were i want to go is easier. More time consuming but I don' end up wanting to kill everyone with 15 lbs bass across the head...

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Yeah, for sure... I do not go to Montreal either anymore ! But, we have to separate oranges and apples here.
Cities are responsible for their own street : Montreal became an absolute nightmare more than ten years ago.

After the Concord passway crash, as I could witness on many roads, Quebec province rebuilt almost all briges on highways and main roads in addition to the timely refurbishing of used surfaces on all roads.

But what about that brand new bridge on TransCanadian Highway crossing from Ontario to Manitoba who was so well engineered that he broke within one month in january 2017?

Reactions: dmc69

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
Not a single mention of pouzza fest and you went on pouzza fest weekend. For shame.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
I love Montreal. Yes, the traffic/roads are terrible but the city is great. Did you go to Schwarz's for smoked meat? If not you should make another trip just for that. If the lineup is really long, you can sneak in the side door to the take out counter and eat them in the park.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I love Montreal. The Metro is awesome (wish we had one). Even saw a Canadien’s game once. Me and 20,000 drunk frogs (I was the Anglais without a jersey). Had a blast. Coming from BC it was neat to see the old buildings. Hurley’s Pub is a must do when Squidjigger is playing. My favourite pub band. Sweet Child o’ mine on a Celtic fiddle FTW!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts