The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW...only like 15$ donated last month...

that is just sad.

I think we should all have some sort of fundraiser....

or perhaps buy some stuff from the Guitars Canada store...

Maybe we could all get bumper stickers, so when you see another member on the road you could follow them home and like...stalk them or something...or just say hi perhaps.

I

·
0 Posts
WOW...only like 15$ donated last month...

that is just sad.
Why is it sad? What was the pay-per-click ad revenue? What are the monthly operating costs for the site? I need a little more information before I'd agree that it's sad.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Fund raisers ??? How about a Guitars Canada Jamboree Weekend.... workshops, jams, bandshell and all kind of vendor booths.... :food-smiley-004:

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Why is it sad? What was the pay-per-click ad revenue? What are the monthly operating costs for the site? I need a little more information before I'd agree that it's sad.
We just moved over to a dedicated server about a month ago. Costs range a little. But you are looking at about $600 plus a year for the server space. The bigger we get, the more cost involved. Advertising from google brings in about $2.00 - $3.00 per day. Far less than I spend on advertising. But the more traffic you get the more Google ads are worth, so that should grow as well.

All donations are welcomed, but are certainly not required by anyone. The site is free and will stay that way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We just moved over to a dedicated server about a month ago. Costs range a little. But you are looking at about $600 plus a year for the server space. The bigger we get, the more cost involved. Advertising from google brings in about $2.00 - $3.00 per day. Far less than I spend on advertising. But the more traffic you get the more Google ads are worth, so that should grow as well.

All donations are welcomed, but are certainly not required by anyone. The site is free and will stay that way.
If I donated a penny for every post I have on harmony central, I sure could help you out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts