The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Money Poll - Which one did you grow up with?

Votes: 28 56.0%

Votes: 4 8.0%

Votes: 8 16.0%

Votes: 10 20.0%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I get the feeling there'll be a lot of ones and threes for this one. ;)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Where is the transition between 2 & 3 option? Is was 13 when the toonie came out so I was definitely around for the bill.

·
Premium Member
11,061 Posts
I was an adult when the toonie came out. didn't like the idea at first...but now, meh...still a pita for carrying around in a wallet...all part of the "illuminatis master plan to coax us into being a cashless society" lol
that first pic reminds me a lot of our other national currency:

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm of the generation of 1 & 2. I am from the era of 1 but by the time I actually started having money of my own was about the time of the redesign. And yes, the King of Canada wears a scarf and tam, lol

·
Registered
630 Posts
number one-each one a full pay for cutting lawns or snow shovel duty (or Christmas gift from my rich aunt !)

·
Premium Member
11,061 Posts
number one-each one a full pay for cutting lawns or snow shovel duty (or Christmas gift from my rich aunt !)
holy crap

did you kill a lot of Nazis too, back in "the big one"?

j/k!

Reactions: jimmy c g

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
There really is a lot of us fogies on this forum.

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
No choice, but I still hate loonies and toonies. My pockets fill and weigh me down and I keep dropping twenties at the store and return home to cover the dresser in 30 bucks worth of coins.

It`s so nice to travel in the States and use $1 bills.

·
Premium Member
3,317 Posts
Whoever put that together completely missed the 70's...
Yep, that's the 2-notes I used to collect on my paper route, never saw number 1 in my time, but I'm older than that post-modern monstrosity that was the last $2 bill. Twoonie came out when I was in 8th grade. Some of you are younger than I thought.

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
Judging by the poll, our membership here is not getting any younger.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The original image was sent to me by my aunt and I had a feeling that there was something missing so I've edited the post as I've added the 1974 2 dollar bill image that nkjanssen added to the thread. You now have 4 choices.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
I love me loonies and toonies. This is how I save for gear. Got me a little loonie and loonie bank.

And, I'm 66, so,... Get off MY lawn! ....(Even though I don't have one)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts