The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
WTF @ Dave Hunter. Just lost any respect for the guy. Next stop: writing TV ads selling chocolate chip cookies to chicks.
I'll allow the odd 'rich'... but 'Succulent sweet crispiness Juicy somewhat darkly Less sweet classy silky elegant velvety-edged' ?
Get a grip, man. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Yep. I have a little stash of 1960's Siemens 6681's (mil spec 10000 hour 12AX7). They are the best sounding, most durable, quietest and generally unicorn shitting rainbows tubes that have ever existed, so I really don't care about anything.

·
Premium Member
17,315 Posts
"General Notes: Warm, smooth, and rounded, with a silky, elegant feel through most amp settings, but also potentially a little dark or muted if your amp already tends in that direction. Full lows and a good balance throughout the spectrum, while adhering to the above tendencies.
Overdriven: Creamy and rich, yet with very respectable clarity and appealing harmonic overtones when pushed, with a solid but not over-hyped midrange. A slightly recessed attack when driven, couched in nicely touch-sensitive dynamics."

Does he write wine and scotch reviews also?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts