The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up COD 4 today and for anyone who likes Military shooters it is a must have. Very pretty and fast paced with some unique multiplayer character building. The multiplayer game is sort of a like Halo meets Ghost Recon.....I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I've heard the single player is only like 5 hours long... dude on another forum beat it in a single sitting haha. That said I'd play more multiplayer anyway.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard the single player is only like 5 hours long... dude on another forum beat it in a single sitting haha. That said I'd play more multiplayer anyway.
Yep..I've heard the single player is short too. I only did the first 2 missions then jumped into multiplayer....thats what I enjoy most anyway.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I have such a huge list of games I want to get :(.

How many people online in one game? Is it very Team oriented?

Tell me about it. I have COD4 in the mail. Mass Effect and Assasin's Creed preordered. Preordering Rock Band tonight.

Still working my way through PGR4, Orange Box and GH III. Probably do Halos compaign Coop here shortly legendary as soon as my friends get rolling in it.

I

·
0 Posts
Tell me about it. I have COD4 in the mail. Mass Effect and Assasin's Creed preordered. Preordering Rock Band tonight.

Still working my way through PGR4, Orange Box and GH III. Probably do Halos compaign Coop here shortly legendary as soon as my friends get rolling in it.
I need a game recommendation for a new dad. Something I can pick up and put down quickly and not have to spend hours whacking away at. Preferably with a good solo component so I don't always have to find people online to play with. Historically I've been into the Clancy games: RS3, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, etc. -- I'm big on the war stuff. Star Wars stuff. Halo. Is Orange Box easy enough to play solo or is it all about the Team Fortress? Bioshock?

Recommendations?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have such a huge list of games I want to get :(.

How many people online in one game? Is it very Team oriented?
Up to 18 online but rumor is that an update will take that number to 24. The COD4 maps are among the best ever. I also have the Orange Box and it is fantastic value for the $$$$. Team Fortress is multiplayer only but the other four games will keep you going for awihle if solo is your thing. The solo component to COD4 is great but the campaign is very short.

I

·
0 Posts
I also have the Orange Box and it is fantastic value for the $$$$.
Yea, I think I'm going to go for that and leave Bioshock until I get a new TV afte Christmas. The Bioshock experience might be a little wasted on my 21" CRT TV. :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
I got a 19 inch LCD HD for Xbox now. I dont have much room so that was the optimal size...

I think im going to go order assassins creed and Mass effect, both i'm really looking forward too. I'm sure I'll end up playing COD4 in the near future.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I need a game recommendation for a new dad. Something I can pick up and put down quickly and not have to spend hours whacking away at. Preferably with a good solo component so I don't always have to find people online to play with. Historically I've been into the Clancy games: RS3, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, etc. -- I'm big on the war stuff. Star Wars stuff. Halo. Is Orange Box easy enough to play solo or is it all about the Team Fortress? Bioshock?

Recommendations?
Half Life games all have save features so you can save at anypoint without have to reach the next check/save point. So I say go for the Orange Box.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have played more of the single player rather than multi, really like the looks.(Wish it had driveable vehicles)

Saw a trailer today for a game called ArmA: Combat Operations, it has been out for a few months, it looks real sweet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts