The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I have this small really crappy amp that I got for 50 dollars. I turn the distortion on full and you can barely tell there is even distortion on. Now is it complicated to make the distortion on the amp sound like actual distortion. Is it just like changing a resistor or something minor like that? BTW the amp is a mega amp vl10.

·
Registered
253 Posts
If it's a solid state amp,it will be dificult to repair.It may be better to spend some money and buy a good amp.There are several choices for amps that won't break your wallet and sound half decent.:DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's a very small solid state amp, and it's going to be built on a PCB.

I would definitely consider something like that a pain to modify, unless it's a matter of changing one component or something (which I doubt). And given the amp's miniscule size, it's doubtful anything amazing can be done with it anyway since its own speaker cabinet will limit the effectiveness of what the amp can even try to produce.

Considering a tech would probably charge a minimum of $100 for any significant work (probably more), you might want to see what the used market in your area has to offer instead.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Tell him to get a Roland Cube (mini, 15, 30 or 60 watt) , best SS amps out there imo. Can do metal, classic rock, country and great cleans.

Tarl

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tarl said:
Tell him to get a Roland Cube (mini, 15, 30 or 60 watt) , best SS amps out there imo. Can do metal, classic rock, country and great cleans.

Tarl
Hes more of an all around player so we all know that Vox advt delivers more for those types of guys. Roland's are geared towards people who favour metal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
SnowBlind said:
Hes more of an all around player so we all know that Vox advt delivers more for those types of guys. Roland's are geared towards people who favour metal.
actually, they arent, those little rolands are very versitile.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
prehistoricpain said:
actually, they arent, those little rolands are very versitile.
I know what im talking about. Ive heard 5 recordings of some guy who has a roland cube and a vox advt. He plays the exact same song on both of them with the same type of presets. Well guess what? For the more hard edged songs, you can clearly tell roland won. But for songs like little wing or something, the vox blew it out of the water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts