The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to mod a TS-9 to true bypass?

i've seen photos of them, they have a stomp switch on the top.
willing to pay $$

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
Doesn't the 3DPT switch just replace the current switch?
Not in those or the boss type pedals. They use a different type of switch in them. You have to drill a hole and mount the 3dpt switch up through the top.
You also need to block the exisiting pedal part from moving after you install the new switch.

If you are going to pay someone to do this, why not just sell the TS-9 put that cash and what you were going to spend on the upgrade into a pedal that already has true bypass. 3DPT switches of good quality (that will take stomping) plus the labour to make the mods isn't going to be a $20 job.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Just a thought - for the money you could get for your screamer you could easily get a build-your-own-clone kit from axeandyoushallreceive.com. I just built my first and it's not all that tough. It was fun and at the end you'll have a pedal that you built yourself. If I recall correctly, Scott from axe... says they sound as good as any tubescreamer he's heard.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ripper said:
mods isn't going to be a $20 job.

i usually charge 50$ for the TB mod on its own, a bit less if i'm doing other mods to the pedal. it is labor intensive however it does make a big difference in tone both on and off.

at what price would the mod be more "feasible"?

Greg - www.solidgoldfx.com

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I don't think $50 is a bad price for that mod at all, in fact I think it's pretty reasonable. What I meant by more than $20 dollar comment was that mods take time, parts and knowledge and people should be prepared to pay for that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts