The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Nice Dale. Such abeautiful melody, eh?

Your hand looks similar to mine -- bigger palm, shorter fingers -- so I have to ask: what scale is the Collins?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
24 & 7/8 scale. This guitar has their 60s neck profile which has a little bit less depth to it and shoulders and it really fits my hand as well. Thanks gentlemen for the post and sharing some about your music – I'm so glad that you're enjoying finger style these days Mario - it's such a fun style to play and I like it because it's independent or I guess I'm trying to say it sounds complete just by yourself.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
24 & 7/8 scale. This guitar has their 60s neck profile which has a little bit less depth to it and shoulders and it really fits my hand as well. Thanks gentlemen for the post and sharing some about your music – I'm so glad that you're enjoying finger style these days Mario - it's such a fun style to play and I like it because it's independent or I guess I'm trying to say it sounds complete just by yourself.
It is a lot of fun. Lately I have been doing a lot of Steely Dan in fingerstyle. Very challenging but well worth the effort.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mario - are you posting any videos?

Thanks for listening and i appreciate the feedback on the amp. I takes me awhile because i seem to have a hard time liking what i come up with. I find a key that seems guitar friendly for the melody and then begin to put chord voicings with the melody. I try to listen to several examples of the song that speak to me and gain some inspiration from them - not just guitar versions. Thanks for the interest, dale.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
mario - are you posting any videos?

Thanks for listening and i appreciate the feedback on the amp. I takes me awhile because i seem to have a hard time liking what i come up with. I find a key that seems guitar friendly for the melody and then begin to put chord voicings with the melody. I try to listen to several examples of the song that speak to me and gain some inspiration from them - not just guitar versions. Thanks for the interest, dale.

LOL...no videos. I am no where near your calibre.:)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I hope that someone plays that exact recording just before I take my last breath.
Just a beautiful sounding tune!

Dale, have you recorded any original compositions?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ed2000 - what a nice thing to say and at the same time i feel bad even talking about it - a sincere thanks for giving this a listen. I have recorded a few original things but never seem to get them quite completed, that might be a good goal for this year! Please know i certainly appreciate you asking, your friend, dale.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.