The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a respect for history and antiquity.

But, as has been duly observed and noted, I'm not what one would consider a cork sniffer.

At least I think it's safe to say I'm willing to try things...

And there are those who would facilitate and enable my inclinations.

Here are a couple of twists on the traditional. I should receive them next week.

The Stratele.

This one as you may be able to tell, has a Tele neck pocket. I intend to make this sound and feel like a traditional Tele.

The JazzBlaster.

Strat neck pocket, Vega-Trem whammy, H-S-S.

·
Premium Member
18,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. The Stratele is a great idea. I've been kicking around thoughts of a similar beast, although I thought I might add a middle Strat pickup, too. Something like this: Delta | Brian Monty

View attachment 366148

Well, me being such a traditionalist, that middle pickup would be an offence....

I think I'll talk to Mr. Vineham about some pickups.

·
Premium Member
18,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well since @Chito decided to use that bad-assed looking DiMarzio Dark Matter on his Esquire, I'll have to get something great to use on this one.

Should have put in a B-Bender. Maybe next time.

·
Premium Member
18,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just couldn't pass it up. It looks cool on the Fuego Morado.
Don't blame you one bit.

It does look amazing on there and I have a feeling it's a fairly refined pickup. It's on the PIA which if I'm not mistaken is the flagship of the Ibanez Shredders.

If I got that for what I think you paid for it I wouldn't be letting it go either. Price a new one for shits and giggles.

·
Premium Member
5,278 Posts
Don't blame you one bit.

It does look amazing on there and I have a feeling it's a fairly refined pickup. It's on the PIA which if I'm not mistaken is the flagship of the Ibanez Shredders.

If I got that for what I think you paid for it I wouldn't be letting it go either. Price a new one for shits and giggles.
When PBGas was selling the pickups I should've gotten all of it. He was asking $300 for a bunch of dimarzio pickups. It was also at 10pm and in 1/2 hour everything was gone. :(

·
Premium Member
18,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When PBGas was selling the pickups I should've gotten all of it. He was asking $300 for a bunch of dimarzio pickups. It was also at 10pm and in 1/2 hour everything was gone. :(

By 10:00 PM I'm a pumpkin.

I'm a morning man all the way.

That was a good deal.

I'd imagine there will be aftermarket covers coming from Amazon sellers at some point so you can "dress up" your pickups.

You can already get chromed covers for Strat singles.

·
Premium Member
18,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I have to say, that inspite of my ireverence of Fender's classic designs, he really got a lot of stuff right.

Of all the pick up mounting systems I've played around with, modified, or installed, the Tele bridge plate and pickup is the most stable and perfectly adjustable.

This is the Gotoh compensated saddle bridge and a Vineham Texas Red, which will be mated with the Stratelli body in the previous pictures.

·
Premium Member
18,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Sorry about the distracting background, but wow, this one is looking cool. Understanding that for Amanda this starts out as art, not a guitar, she listens to music while creating and she was in the mood for some Cake while painting this one.

She always throws me some pictures as she works. I saw this and my impression was that the white-ish section around the controls, looks like a demented owl.

Accordingly she is naming this one Comfort Owl, a nod to the Album and track "Comfort Eagle".

One way or another, this is going to be one unusual and bad assed Tele.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts