·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
219 Posts
Missing guitar key evidence....

Michelle, as a lapsed Frederictonian who read the original story of Richard's discovery with interest, thank you for your post.

I seem to remember, but cannot be sure, that the news story had an old picture of Richard with a white guitar. At the time I wondered whether that photo was the same as the one I seemed to remember in the (late) Bob Riley's history of Fredericton bands, locally published in the late 70's as a newsprint tabloid (?) (the picture from a group photo of Teddy and the Royals).

Too bad I can't put my hands on the Riley publication now, but the news story photo may be the same thing anyway.

Anyway, the guitar wasn't a real 60's Strat, and would probably have disappeared in a pawn shop or a string of young owners until it was destroyed, as was the pattern for most economy instruments then and now.

Peter

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Peter; Cool! There's lots of folks on this forum from and formerly from NB, I never left. The guitar is probably gone, yeah, but if someone has seen it, then maybe it will help solve the crime. It was unique.

I don't remember any of the 60's Fredericton bands, I'll keep my eye out for that publication though.

SeeYa

·
Registered
219 Posts
Richard Hovey murder story on As It Happens CBC 1 Friday June 22

According to what I just heard on CBC 1, the Richard Hovey story will be a subject on tomorrow night's As It Happens, CBC 1, which is broad cast 6:30 to 8 pm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts