The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guitar String instrument Musical instrument String instrument Electric guitar
Here is a neat old guitar that i bought at an antique store. The owner phoned me same day, and said some guy was complaining because he had spoken for it earlier. In spite of being a great playing little guitar, and looking so cool, the electronics were SO CRAPPY, unbelievably weak and lame, I returned it and let the dealer sell it to the other guy who just hung it on the wall. I could have removed the pickguard and replaced ALL the hardware, but mostly I just liked the way it looks. So its on a wall with a standing invite to go see it whenever I want.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What what it would sound like if someone rebuilt the pickups and the electronics???
What a great idea -- rebuilding the same pickups.

Maybe if was a guitar I needed. I had just told my wife that same day that i didn't need another electric, so that was another factor, for sure.

Glad its gone, like a dog, to a " good home".

·
Registered
18,595 Posts
Well, it certainly looks cool and would be great wall art for a music room.

Reactions: KapnKrunch

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
interesting 3 pos toggle:

lead/bass/solo

I wonder if "solo" bypasses all the pots?

not a bad idea IMO

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
anyone who has the nerve to play something like that, had better pack a toothbrush!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I dig that... they're actually kind of collectible to some, generally go for about $500-$600. Spectrum 5 gets more attention but I like the Spectrum 4 like that one better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts