1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
872 Posts
Where's the "don't give a rats ass" choice???

I'd pick the Jimmy just cause I personally wouldn't buy a hardtail strat. Doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Pedro Strats

I thought these Mexican stratocasters are not actually made there but assembled in Mexico from prefab American Parts?? Especially the signature strats.......Jimmie Vaughn, Robert Cray
Does anybody know if this is the case?

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rippinglickfest said:
I thought these Mexican stratocasters are not actually made there but assembled in Mexico from prefab American Parts?? Especially the signature strats.......Jimmie Vaughn, Robert Cray

Does anybody know if this is the case?
There is the artist models like the Robert Cray which is MIM with premium parts (some from the US I'd guess). IT would run around $750 or so compared to $500 for a MIM standard.. The Custom Artist models are the MIA signature series - the RC Signature would run about 3x+ as much. (In the US $650 vs. $2099)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I'm going to go with the R Cray strat, have had a few trem strats but this one looks interesting..

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
PaulS said:
I'm going to go with the R Cray strat, have had a few trem strats but this one looks interesting..
tried one the other day ,Just Loved it.
Great choice I was thinking about that one but the price for MIM I don't know.

·
Registered
52 Posts
JV, because, like mentioned above, a strat just aint a strat unless it has a trem. But I never liked a strat with buckers either... don't mess with a great thing IMO.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'd buy the hardtail then swap out the pickups so it sounds decent. I've bolted the trem on every strat I've owned. No use for 'em.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wow, I lot of people have bought the guitar, took the pickups out and parted the guitar. I thought I had heard most of the parts have the same part #'s as some of the Fender custom shops.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I guess if someone local was looking for that guitar, they are saving the taxes. Otherwise it's a tad on the high side, I'd say $600 to $650 is the best most would do for that particular guitar. Notice the pale necks on them since last year. Prior to that they had the vintage tint which I prefer anywho.

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tried one the other day ,Just Loved it.
Great choice I was thinking about that one but the price for MIM I don't know.
I believe you're talking American parts, assembled in Mexico, so it still gets the MIM brand.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts