The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I believe this is a Hwy 1. I had one with a finish in that colour and the big headstock. This one has had the varnish stripped, but the underlying colour looks like what I had.

Took my six months to sell mine in mint condition for ~$700 just a few years ago!

·
Premium Member
11,772 Posts
the thing that is most off to me, is who would do such a terrible hack job to a MIA body? Hes wrong that carve IS terrible. one of the most amateurish Ive ever seen....not a straight line to it. Odd that someone that cheap so as to do such a shitty job would do it to something with inherent value.
what are those sticker shadows on the headstock likely from? pawn shop price tags or something?
i guess it has some value for parts.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I have an '02, purchased new from L&M, with the big headstock. Mine is an HSS.
Yes, I forgot about those. IIRC they were in a natural colour with a black Fender HB of some type. The SSS didn't get the big headstock until '06 when they did a few more upgrades (trem block & Hot A3 pickups). I bought a black/maple Strat and blonde/RW Tele brand new in '06.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yes, I forgot about those. IIRC they were in a natural colour with a black Fender HB of some type. The SSS didn't get the big headstock until '06 when they did a few more upgrades (trem block & Hot A3 pickups). I bought a black/maple Strat and blonde/RW Tele brand new in '06.
Mine is a kind of caramel/butterscotch. They also had it in brown.

And the HB is a Fender Atomic, which is quite nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts