The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the guitar tone, what effects/amps did you use???
Only plugins, Overloud TH3 (the free version from time+space) specifically, here is a screenshot of the settings for the clean chorus, leads and solo guitars, (hopefully the jpg has enough quality or I can send you the presets if you want)...
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Only plugins, Overloud TH3 (the free version from time+space) specifically, here is a screenshot of the settings for the clean chorus, leads and solo guitars, (hopefully the jpg has enough quality or I can send you the presets if you want)...
Thanks!
Andrei, I also have the free version of that. I think you can add the presets as an attachment. If you can't, send me a P.M. and I'll give you my e-mail address as I'd like to try this setting. Nice song BTW.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Andrei, I also have the free version of that. I think you can add the presets as an attachment. If you can't, send me a P.M. and I'll give you my e-mail address as I'd like to try this setting. Nice song BTW.
I did something better I think! I made a video showing you the whole signal chain (eq settings, saturation plugins, compressors, etc) for the 3 guitar tracks and shared the links to the presets in the description. Let me know if you have any trouble downloading and I will post the presets directly here.
Very nice Andrei. Congrats
Thank you so much Marcos, I appreciate your feedback a lot!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
if you are going to take credit for writing a song,
you should at the very least also credit all the other musicians that made the recording.
Unless you played all the instruments and that would be nice to know too.
G.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if you are going to take credit for writing a song,
you should at the very least also credit all the other musicians that made the recording.
Unless you played all the instruments and that would be nice to know too.
G.
I credited every single person who worked in this album (and there were more than a few), it wouldn't be fair to do differently especially because all of them did it for free in support of my career and because they are my friends, you can read all that in the artwork of both versions of the album, in the general details section on Bandcamp, in the specific credit part of each song on Bandcamp and in the attached credits chart. But in this song I played all the instruments, made all the recordings, wrote every note and mix/master it, the only external help I had in this song was Mark's and Dave's which gave me feedback before publishing the album and I already acknowledged that in the thread where I shared the album free here in the forum and my wife's who created 11 beautiful pages of artwork.

When I encourage people to read the description of my videos or visit my Bandcamp is not only because I'm trying to sell them my product, I'm also encouraging them to read more and discover about the process a lot of friends went through to make the music we love at the expense of selling only 7 or 8 copies a year.

Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
...the only external help I had in this song was Mark's and Dave's which gave me feedback
I was honoured that Andrei asked for my comments/feedback and (again) makes this known here for my forum friends and associates to read.

To be fair, the actual "help" that I (this does not include @mhammer) provided was minimal. However, the ongoing 'support' I provide(d) has been extremely important to me as I value his friendship and admire his skills very much.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I did something better I think! I made a video showing you the whole signal chain (eq settings, saturation plugins, compressors, etc) for the 3 guitar tracks and shared the links to the presets in the description. Let me know if you have any trouble downloading and I will post the presets directly here.
Thank you so much Marcos, I appreciate your feedback a lot!
Thanks. I was trying out your presets earlier this evening. I like the way you set the mid controls. I usually just leave the mids alone. Nice tones. :)

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks. I was trying out your presets earlier this evening. I like the way you set the mid controls. I usually just leave the mids alone. Nice tones. :)
I never thought about it, I just moved the controls until I got the tone that served the song. After that I only needed low and high pass filters, but all the tone was coming all from the amp. TH3 is particularly good at that. Thank you for the nice words!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts