The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,508 Posts
Yep, guilty as charged. I respond to a lot of their episodes. They're both well-informed guys, and better players than I'll ever be, but once in a while they come close-but-no-cigar when it comes to the the sort of technical info that pulls things together for viewers. Being older than them has its pluses, as does extensive training in cognitive psychology.

I also suggested a few weeks back that they try demoing with a drum machine or something like the Digitech Trio. They both play well, but not every pedal has to be for bluesy solos. Sometimes you want to hear what a pedal does for rhythm work. And for that you need a beat and a bass line.

That said, it's nice to be noticed and mentioned. Thanks, gents.

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
I also suggested a few weeks back that they try demoing with a drum machine or something like the Digitech Trio. They both play well, but not every pedal has to be for bluesy solos. Sometimes you want to hear what a pedal does for rhythm work. And for that you need a beat and a bass line.
GREAT suggestion!
Many reviewer should do that, I want to hear the pedal not your wannae-be-clapton solo!

·
Registered
24,508 Posts
Actually, Andy Martin does that for Reverb.com, often combining a rhythm track with some looping and switching guitars for highlighting different settings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts