The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Just wondering what you guys out there think is a good metal guitar solo or lead guitar part. Im into like Children of Bodom, Metalica kind of solos anthing really metal sounding.

Tell what you have to say

Thanx

·
Registered
141 Posts
well the question is how does a metal solo sound like? many metal bands are starting to put in solos such as the childern od bodom metallic and the new ablum for slipknot has a few solos. to me if the solo is good i dont care. solos are to show the skill level for guartists not the skill level of the band

·
Registered
627 Posts
You have to be REALLY good to even think about soloing like Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom. If you are, make sure you know techniques like sweep picking, legato shred and double hand tapping.

Some solos I would recommend these solo's for metal.

CHILDREN OF BODOM
Mask of Sanity
Everytime I Die
Lake Bodom

(These are REALLY HARD SOLOS, WARNING)

Metallica
Unforgiven 1 and 2
Enter Sandman (if you have a wah)
Fuel
One

Megadeth
The Scorpion (solo's 1 and 2)
Hangar 18 (they have 8 solo's in this one)

if you want more, message me.

·
Registered
141 Posts
^ ture they r all ok. But they old bands r what started solos(jimi hendrix van halen jimmy page) i may not like the oldies cuz of the vocals but when i heard their solos i got blown away:rockon2: :rockon2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't forget to do some research on Dream Theater as well. I prefer their more progressive stuff, but you might like the songs off their album Train of Thought.

Honor Thy Father
As I Am

Check'em out. :) The guys insane.

·
Registered
319 Posts
nathanandrewmeima said:
Hey

Just wondering what you guys out there think is a good metal guitar solo or lead guitar part. Im into like Children of Bodom, Metalica kind of solos anthing really metal sounding.

Tell what you have to say

Thanx
Go back further to the 70's and 60's.....which is where a lot of these metal guys copped their licks and speeded them up, from guys like Henderix, Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page.....And Tony Iommi.....and back further still to Blues guitarists...........Sabbath was a blues band before what they are now famous for...................this will help learn the history which i think is important...........and will eventually play a part in developing your own style.
To jump right in and just play metal solos is fine and dandy but wouldnt you want to become more diverse player?? Try to listen to everything, not just metal.

·
Registered
54 Posts
check out "Belvedere" any album any song,Scott Marshall is a crazy guitarst,If you like metal/punk guitar solo's you should love these guy's!
Take Care
Aaron

·
Registered
35 Posts
Children of Bodom solos are TOUGH!! I've been practicing for hours and I still just cant get it right. The solo from Metallica's One is pretty good too...

·
Registered
3 Posts
These solos might not be too difficult to play......but they sound great and I find them fun:

Atreyu-Bleeding Mascara

Bullet For My Valentine- Tears Don't Fall

The Human Abstract- Vela, Together We Await The Storm

Atreyu- Ex's and Oh's

Bullet For My Valentine- Waking The Demon

Trivium- Dying In Your Arms

:rockon:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts