The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I've got a Mesa Mark IV that I'm thinking of selling. Not sure yet.

Would 1500.00 be reasonable? That price would include the footswitch.

I

·
0 Posts
Head or combo? Which size? What year? Custom finish options or just straight up black tolex? What condition is it in? How about a picture that'd help.

I

·
0 Posts
It's on the high side for the head but if it's mint, mint, mint you could get it. Expect to be haggled. Retubing a MkIV is an expensive proposition so if they're not all brand new you might have to give a bit on that price by a couple $100 or so. PrePal says 221 MkIVs have sold on eBay at an average price of $965 USD which seems a little low to me (but it doesn't distinguish between heads or combos or custom finished MkIVs so take as a very rough guide). The footswitch is worth about $80 on the used market.

Too bad it's not a combo. If it had been, I was ready to start haggling with you...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man. I appreciate the post.

I paid 250 for that footswitch...

I'm gonna retube it. I don't wanna loose any money on it. I'm already up to about 1500.00 on it

I

·
0 Posts
I paid 250 for that footswitch...
Yikes:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Mesa-Boogie-FU3-footswitch-foot-switch-FU-3-mark-IV_W0QQitemZ120182351317QQihZ002QQcategoryZ1288QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And there are aftermarket ones available as well for about that price.

Someone put up a MkIV head since you posted. Watch the auction. See where it ends up and base your asking price on that.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Vintage-Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IV-A-Wide-Body-Head_W0QQitemZ290180612772QQihZ019QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm gonna retube it. I don't wanna loose any money on it. I'm already up to about 1500.00 on it
In the end you can ask anything you want for it. It'll probably sell at most prices sub-$2000. It's going to sell slower though. So if you're okay holding it and waiting hold out for what you want for it. No sense listing it cheaper than you want. Start with what you'd like and work backwards. You'll see lots of stuff in the Buy/Sell forum on here where people put up a price, then a few days lower it a bit, and then again, and again until it hits a price the market thinks is reasonable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts