The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nice sounding amp?

Im going to try one soon, just wanted to check out what you think of them first...and if they are durable...etc...

and the lonestar special....what is different exactly? does it sound better?

I

·
0 Posts
nice sounding amp?
I think the Lonestar Special is a pretty special little amp. The Lonestar is so-so. It's a okay Boogie, neither here nor there. Now the Lonestar Special -- that amp has a killer green channel. Shimmering chime. Just gorgeous. The wide-bodied 1x12 LSS combo sounds fantastic. Red channels on both are meh.

and the lonestar special....what is different exactly? does it sound better?
The LS is a 6L6-based amp, the LSS is EL-84 based. The LS is meh. The LSS is gorgeous on green, not so on red.

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
mind you, you'll want to compare the lonestar to the special to see which you like better.

or just get a road king and have the best of mesa boogie :p

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
except the clean channel is taken directly from a lonestar.. so you get mesa's best cleans, and mesa recto drives. if that's what you're after, its a helluva deal. unless you want a mark IV, in which case, get one lol.

I

·
0 Posts
except the clean channel is taken directly from a lonestar.. so you get mesa's best cleans, and mesa recto drives. if that's what you're after, its a helluva deal. unless you want a mark IV, in which case, get one lol.
Good point. My brain automatically replaces Lonestar with Lonestar Specail sometimes. I was thinking the LSS was not even remotely comparable but definitely the LS and RoadKing share some stuff in common.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts