The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So saturday is a big day. The day my mesa visits the dr. It has this nasty buzz it just keeps getting worst . I remember when i first got it it died completly and it was revived by a amp tech named troy. Now me and troy were talking he is going to go over and replace the caps because he told me in the past they needed to be replaced. I am 100% ok with that . I asked about tubes and he said " don't bother i will test your tubes to see what they are like" . So im nervous but yet exited to get this done. I wanted it to be done for years but now since the financial aid has changed i can actually get it done . And buy more guitars. I will be doing a before and after vid of the amp

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,329 Posts
Good Luck with all of this and congrats on having more cash flow.

Keep us updated.

BTW...Is your Tele completely assembled now? Are you liking it?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good Luck with all of this and congrats on having more cash flow.

Keep us updated.

BTW...Is your Tele completely assembled now? Are you liking it?
Lol the tele had a few problems so i sent it off to be looked at. It got finished yesterday. And il pick it up saterday

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saturday is going to be not just a "big day" for you, but a "huge day".
Yes. I might need to rent a amp till mine is back. The little jordan blew the output transmitter i do believe. O'whell it was near 30 years old .

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Errrr he ended up not showing up. So i still have the mesa. But the tele when working is sweet. The switch i think is bad.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So after almost a month tech got back to me about my mesa with some good and some scary news . Electronic wise everything is fine and does not need to be recapped . It does on the other hand need 6 out of 9 tubes. So in two weeks i will order the tube kit from the tubestore in ont canada . And it will have all matched and balanced jj tubes.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When do you pick it up?

Enjoy having it back home!
Not sure. Was supose to on sunday but i have family stuff . Troy the tech might get my friend katie to drop the amp off. But the speaker im told is breaking up on high volumes. So i dont know . I have emailed electrovoice ,celestion and jbl for speaker option. Then i notice mesa sells a big 15" for aprox 250cad

1 - 20 of 28 Posts