The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2x 12 is now sitting at $1039 Cdn funds before tax..... wtf? Not even 1 year and up another $100. I just sold my Mark V 25 and have no plans on buying anything Mesa again. I just can't see this as anything other than gouging customers. Not as bad as Coffee Cabs though.

Time to look at Revv :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Don't forget that the Canadian dollar is not worth the U.S. currently and we suffer from that as our dollar lowers against the U.S.
Mesa wants their cash in U.S. dollars,not Canadian.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yikes, that is a bit steep, though it is an incredible-sounding 2x12. Glad I got mine last year (although that was still with the first price hike, worth it though).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't forget that the Canadian dollar is not worth the U.S. currently and we suffer from that as our dollar lowers against the U.S.
Mesa wants their cash in U.S. dollars,not Canadian.
The Cdn dollar was about the same when the price increases happened. Also there was a letter from Mesa addressing their price increases that someone posted. That may justify increases in amp prices but not in plywood boxes with V30s. Over $1G for a plywood box with V30s is nothing short of highway robbery.

·
Premium Member
16,829 Posts
The Cdn dollar was about the same when the price increases happened. Also there was a letter from Mesa addressing their price increases that someone posted. That may justify increases in amp prices but not in plywood boxes with V30s. Over $1G for a plywood box with V30s is nothing short of highway robbery.
Build your own then?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
There are plenty of good used 212 cabs - Orange, Avatar, Marshall, etc..

Check kijiji.

The only time that I buy new gear is when Morris puts out new amps. :)

Reactions: Budda
1 - 10 of 10 Posts