The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

341 - 360 of 433 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,634 Posts
Junior Achiever was a band that I was in for nearly ten years. This is a demo we did in about 2006 for a song that was never released. We thought it was poignant to release it now so I put together this little video.

Stay at Home, Stay Safe, Save Lives ❤

·
Registered
107 Posts
Loads good things are gonna happen when you stay home and make music. Stay Home And Make Music Vol.3 | APixaMonkey Music
Stay safe and wash your hands ...guys

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
(sorry I missed this thread and uploaded this video on another thread).

Hey everyone! I just finished a songwriting and performance program at Seneca College in Toronto and I wanted to share some music that I've been working on. It was such a cool process to be with other musicians and really learn the art of songwriting and making everything count.

Here's a YouTube video of my favorite composition that I've done: How Far Can We Run?

Also, here's another song that's coming out as a single on Spotify on May 2nd. I recorded this at The Orange Lounge Studio in Toronto as part of the program. We had some awesome sessions musicians on the track and I can't wait till it's out! This one is a live version from the Winterfolk Festival in Toronto.

City of Sound:

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts

Famjam cover of Aniol by Maanam (band of the preeminent Polish pop diva Kora, RIP, who apparently my mom went to school with; she was often compared to Siouxsie and Nina Hagen in the early part of her career, due in part to the emphatic nature of her delivery, as well as the aesthetic of their first multinational hit single; closest thing we had to a big post punk group, but this song is from 1990 which was the start of a new lighter/poppier post-communist phase for them).

It was a trip to record something in Polish; I’m not used to the different plosives of this consonant and sibilance laden language vs English; mic technique and vocal attack needs to be adjusted and I’m still figuring that out.

This started as an piano lesson replacement exercise when social isolation started but quickly morphed into a larger project designed to lift Babcia’s spirits on this isolated Mother’s Day.

"Mam tylko jedno skrzydło
To prawie tak jak anioł ...
Szczęśliwe chwile to motyle
Miłość wieczna tęsknota"

·
Premium Member
3,802 Posts
project designed to lift Babcia’s spirits on this isolated Mother’s Day.

"Mam tylko jedno skrzydło
To prawie tak jak anioł ...
Szczęśliwe chwile to motyle
Miłość wieczna tęsknota"
My mom was a "Bapcia" too. How the heck do you pronounce that dish with the wheat, poppy seeds and honey: pffshnnyeetsha??? Lol. Watta lingo!

341 - 360 of 433 Posts