The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

301 - 320 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Recorded this some years ago. I still play guitar but play a *lot* more piano. These things come and go -- so long as I'm playing music, it's all fine.

One of my favourites of my own songs.

·
Premium Member
10,763 Posts

Can't believe it's been 25 years since this was recorded. We were sort of the darlings of the local celtic scene. If I remember it correctly, the studio had a pair of ADAT machines synched for recording mostly live off the floor, mostly one take. We were a well rehearsed band so this tune was largely done in one take. I can't be certain but I think I used a Washburn slope shoulder dread. The singer/pennywhistle player has a much better voice so I naturally wanted him to do the lead vocal. (Strange side affect of that is some folks assume he wrote the song because he sings it. The few times I've done it solo the subject has come up.) I had envisioned back up vocals but they never materialized.

The CD is long out of print of course, though it did get a bit of traction on CBC radio at the time, so about a year ago I threw this video together and joked to my family that at least they'll have something to play at my funeral.

301 - 320 of 393 Posts