The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gerard Melancon may not have the name recognition of the likes of John Suhr and Tom Anderson, but prior to his passing last year he had been building electric guitars with the same high quality materials and attention to detail as these renowned makers in the U.S.A. This P-90 Artist is no exception. With features like Burl Maple top, Brazillian rosewood fingerboard, stainless steel frets, and chambered mahogany body this guitar looks and sounds wonderful. Paired with a set of Duncan Stack P-90s that can be split, this guitar can from traditional tele tones to P90 growl in a flick of a switch.

I recently bought this guitar used and it has a few nicks, but nothing that affects tone or playability. Due to financial need I cannot afford to keep it, so hoping to pass a good deal to a new happy owner. Guitar comes in solid hard-case that is a bit scuffed, but otherwise works as it should.

Other important features:

Body: Mahogany
Neck: Mahogany
Fingerboard: Brazilian Rosewood
Neck Finish: Satin
Neck Profile: Standard Taper Neck
Nut Width: 1.6875"
Radius: 10"
Weight: 7.6 lbs

$2500 shipped
Will trade for another high-quality T style guitar

Attachments

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Any interest in this 62 AVRI? It was owned by a very good local musician. He upgraded the pickups to Van Zandts and also had it refretted by Old Town Strings with larger frets (even though the old frets had years of life left, it was just a playability preference.) It’s a great guitar but I’m going through a tele phase and one with P90s sounds interesting. On some pics, you can see a few paint fill dings that happened when it was almost new and his bandmates base fell on it.
Other than that, not sure what I can tell you - original pickups long gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Cool & different looking T-style guitar for sure...I recently acquired a Grosh ElectraJet w/P90's otherwise I'd be interested. GLWS!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts