The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When my cat Sassy passed away I posted on here about it being "A Sad Day" but today is just the opposite. After a little over two months looking online I finally found a cat with the qualities I was looking for. She's 11 months old and her birthday is, believe it or not, January 1st. Her "place holder" name on the website (Action Volunteers for Animals) was Wilma but I didn't care for that name and I gave her a name which, in a way, honoured Sassy, so her name is Sandy. As of this writing, she's still a little shy and scared and she was hiding behind the couch earlier this evening. Naturally my other cats Samson and Cleo were curious about her and Sandy was hissing at them from behind the couch. I'm sure within the next day or two she'll gain more confidence and she'll be walking through the apartment like she's in charge, just like my other cat Sassy used to do. She's a very striking looking cat. I've attached two photos of her.

This first one was taken just about a half hour after I got her.

In this second one she's starting to settle in more.

Here's a third photo I took earlier today. I think this one's the best photo I've taken of her so far.

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
That just makes my heart sing.

Cute name.

You need to get a laser pointer. So much fun for the both of you.

Enjoy your new girl! She's s beaut.

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
You let the cat get the laser pointer quite often though. Some people can be utterly sadistic with them.
Problem with that is they never get the chance to actually feel the light and it frustrates them. We used to play with our cats with it. But their vet told us about the issue with them and so we've stopped using it.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She's a beauty!
Thanks Lincoln. She's a very calm cat but I'm sure once she gets more used to the place she'll probably be busy checking things out.

Congrats.
Thanks Marcos.

Well done!
Thanks SaucyJack.

She's a beauty!

I have a soft spot for gingers. :)
Thanks Sulphur. When I got my first cat Samson back in 2010 it was another ad I saw on Kijiji that inspired his name. The cat in that ad was named Sampson (with a "P" obviously) and he was a ginger cat. Since that time I've always wanted a ginger cat and now I have one. I still miss my other cat Sassy though.

That just makes my heart sing.

Cute name.

You need to get a laser pointer. So much fun for the both of you.

Enjoy your new girl! She's s beaut.
Thanks Lola. I do have a laser pointer and Samson enjoys chasing the light. I haven't tried it with Sandy yet. My other cat Cleo could care less about the laser pointer,

Lovely, very happy for you both!
Thanks Dave. Right now she's quite calm but I'm sure she'll be more active once she gets used to the place along with my other two cats.

Some say laser pointers are not good for cats as it frustrates them. Check out his link Why Do Cats Like Laser Pointers So Much? (And Are They Bad?)

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the link.

Beautiful cat...hopefully she makes friends with the other 2 soon.
Thanks Scottone. I'm hoping she will as well.

BTW I've added a third photo that I took of her earlier today.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I forgot to mention, she is one beautiful cat. Congrats!!
Thanks Chito. She's a very sweet cat. :)

Loving that newest pic, she looks a lot more relaxed. :)
Yes, she's getting more used to the place now. Earlier today I was out in the living room and she came up to me and meowed a few times, probably letting me know she liked where she's living, then she rubbed up against my leg.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm not a cat guy, but that's a good looking pussy you got there. The pic of her on the window sill is very good. Enjoy your new family memeber!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts