Selling my Martin HD-28V, built in 2011. It is a faithful recreation of the early 40’s D-28 at a very reasonable price. This guitar is an excellent value and features vintage appointments like the comfortable Modified V neck and long bone saddle. The tone from this Martin is quite loud and extremely articulate. The guitar is in very good-to-excellent condition with only a few small dents here and there. There is some very minor finish checking on the spruce top, but nothing egregious and nothing that goes through to the wood. The neck, nut and action are perfectly set up and she plays effortlessly.

Installed in this guitar is the K&K Pure Mini pickup system, which sounds very natural when plugged in. Widely acknowledged as one of the best acoustic pickups out there. Specifications & description from Martin are shown below:

“The most popular Vintage Series model, the HD-28V is a modern re-creation of the classic herringbone Dreadnought. Channeling legends like Hank Williams, this guitar carries a distinct prestige that can only come from the Vintage Series collection.”

Specifications:

Model:HD-28V
Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
Body Size: D 14 Fret
Top Material:Sitka Spruce
Rosette:Multi-Stripe
Bracing Pattern:Forward Shifted X Brace
Brace Shape:Scalloped
Brace Material:Sitka Spruce
Brace Size:5/16"
Back Material:East Indian Rosewood
Back Purfling/Strip:Zig-Zag
Side Material:East Indian Rosewood
Endpiece:Grained Ivoroid
Endpiece Inlay:Multi-Stripe
Binding:Grained Ivoroid
Top Inlay Material:Bold Herringbone
Back Inlay Material:Multi-Stripe
Neck Material:Select Hardwood
Neck Shape:Modified V
Neck Taper:Standard Taper
Plek:Yes
Nut Material:Bone
Headstock Shape:Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
Headplate Material:East Indian Rosewood
Headplate Logo Style:Script Old Style Overlay
Heelcap:Grained Ivoroid
Fingerboard Material:Ebony
Scale Length:25.4"
Neck Joins Body At:14th Fret
Number of Frets Total:20
Fingerboard Width at Nut:1 11/16''
Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret:2 1/8''
Fingerboard Inlay Material:Abalone
Fingerboard Inlay Style: Diamonds and Squares Long Pattern
Side Dots:White
Back and Side Finish:Gloss
Finish Top:Gloss
Top Color:Aging Toner
Finish Neck:Satin
Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
Bridge Material:Ebony
Bridge Style:Modern Belly - Drop in Long Saddle
Bridge String Spacing:2 1/8''
Saddle:Bone
Saddle Radius:16"
Tuning Machines:Nickel Open Gear
Recommended Strings:SP Acoustic 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium (MSP4200)
NOTE: I currently have a set of Martin MA545 medium-lights on this guitar, and love the feel!
Knob:Butterbean
Bridge Pin Material:White Plastic
Bridge Pin Dots:Faux Tortoise
Pickguard:Faux Tortoise
Case: 5 ply Hardshell

I really enjoy playing this guitar (especially when tapping into my “inner Neil Young” vibe), as it really delivers that authentic Martin dreadnaught ‘thump’. However, since acquiring my Thompson T3, the HD-28V is not getting the play time it deserves and I can’t justify having two rosewood/spruce large-body acoustics in the ‘fleet’.

Asking $3,350.00 shipped within Canada; no trade offers, please. I also have a K&K Pure XLR Preamp that I would let go for $250, which is a perfect match for the Pure Mini pickup. (current pricing for these is around $300 to $350 + taxes and shipping) Please PM me with any questions, thanks for looking!