The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling my 2016 Martin Marquis D-28 which is a Centennial Edition Dreadnaught commemorating 100 years of the dreadnaught. No change in specs for this feature but it had a special heal stamp and commemorative booklet.
This is a 1937 D-28 reissue complete with the Adirondack top, 1-3/4” nut, modified V neck, Golden Era scalloped braces, long saddle etc. This was the last year as far as I know for these. They morphed this line into the Authentic line and discontinued it.

She is in amazing shape and plays like a dream. The end pin was reamed out for a jack but I have put a regular end pin back in. It had a hole drilled for a neck strap that has been filled. I also carefully removed the interior label and stuck it to the warranty card. With medium phosphorous bronze strings she is so loud you can hardly sing over her. The tone and projection are amazing. I have light strings on her right now and she is still louder than any of my other acoustics. I would love to keep her but I have an opportunity to pick up a Prewar Herringbone and to make that happen I’ll have to sell this.

$4500 plus shipping

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the good words. I’ve got a Pre-War D-28 coming so I thought this one might become redundant. I may end up keeping both though. This ones going to be really hard to beat.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump for price reduction. This guitar is in amazing condition. It is set up wonderfully and plays like butter. Probably the easiest playing acoustic I have owned. I'm only selling as I was able to snag a Prewar Herringbone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts