The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone do similar mods to friedman locally? I suppose I could just send the amp without the chassis.

Anyone have any thoughts, recommendations or info concerning these types of mods? My favourite all-time amp was a vintage marshall modded by friedman personally, and if my new marshall has the kavorka, I may send it to him.

I have gut shots of the mods, but have no idea what I'm looking at. I used to be hesitant sharing them, but I'm pretty sure he's doing okay now

This was the beast.

marshall frienman copy.jpg

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Does anyone do similar mods to friedman locally? I suppose I could just send the amp without the chassis.

Anyone have any thoughts, recommendations or info concerning these types of mods? My favourite all-time amp was a vintage marshall modded by friedman personally, and if my new marshall has the kavorka, I may send it to him.

I have gut shots of the mods, but have no idea what I'm looking at. I used to be hesitant sharing them, but I'm pretty sure he's doing okay now

This was the beast.

View attachment 198817
I just pm’d Michael R/T about him possibly having his way with one of my 4010’s. Look him up.

·
Premium Member
17,384 Posts
Send it to friedman if you want the friedman experience.

Or... buy one ;)

·
Premium Member
8,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chuck, that thing was too noisy! Don’t you remember?
Get @Michael R/T to do one for you!
IIRC, the only reason I sold it was because I bought the metroplex, and I thought it was going to be the shit (thanks to Lance Keltner and Cliff Cultreri). That was the hardest amp I have ever played (well built and all that though).

It also didn't have an effects loop, so I was running it through a power station (which worked great, but not ideal). Noise didn't bother me with that one.

·
Premium Member
8,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Send it to friedman if you want the friedman experience.

Or... buy one ;)
The mods work with the character of the amp, so if you get a vintage amp that's good, it's superior to the factory stuff he pumps out, imo.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
IIRC, the only reason I sold it was because I bought the metroplex, and I thought it was going to be the shit (thanks to Lance Keltner and Cliff Cultreri). That was the hardest amp I have ever played (well built and all that though).

It also didn't have an effects loop, so I was running it through a power station (which worked great, but not ideal). Noise didn't bother me with that one.
You forgot about me !!... I’m the one who came up with the Metroplex here so I owe you one !!...haha!

Patrick Lacas reversed engineered Friedman amps and today he builds clones of them and also Soldano’s , JCM800’s etc.....
He used to do jobs for Fortin Amplification

You can semd him an email or give him a call
if you want !!.....he’ll help you for sure by guiding you or doing it himself !

Here’s his email,
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
8,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You forgot about me !!... I’m the one who came up with the Metroplex here so I owe you one !!...haha!

Patrick Lacas reversed engineered Friedman amps and today he builds clones of them and also Soldano’s , JCM800’s etc.....
He used to do jobs for Fortin Amplification

You can semd him an email or give him a call
if you want !!.....he’ll help you for sure by guiding you or doing it himself !

Here’s his email,
[email protected]
Yes, you're right. You got them on my radar. You do owe me one, haha.

Thanks for the link. This amp may be perfectly fine, so I may not do anything to it, but it's good to know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts