The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know the whereabouts of one of these?
I am fanatically holding onto my beloved JCM800 Lead Series Combo (model 4104). Killer in every way. Just looking to augment sound projection for larger spaces but cannot bring myself to get the new 1936 available out there. Hoping to find a 2x12 with old spec.
Toronto preferred but any Ontario would do.
Anybody? Bueller?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have 4010 converted to a head just for that reason. 1/3 the price of a 2204. Found it sitting in a corner of L&M.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have 4010 converted to a head just for that reason. 1/3 the price of a 2204. Found it sitting in a corner of L&M.
Yeah, they are actually the only "real" JCM 800 you can buy at a decent price these days. If you don't mind me asking, who did the head-shell for you? I was thinking of putting a metro loop in one of my 4010s and putting it in a head shell also.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
It came that way. Try one of the amp building sites. I think they run about $250.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
As per another thread, try Derrick Bell. I have a '69 20W JMP head that didn't quite sound as good as possible through a /13 212D (this is a very dark cab), so I was on the hunt for a matching slant 212. A new 2061 CX RI cab was pushing $1k, and I already had a pair of vintage G12H30s on hand, so I got Derrick to build me a slant, diagonal 212.

VERY reasonable price, top-notch construction & he delivered it to Toronto.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.
The other threads directed to an "unassigned" telephone number.
Any chance you have a current contact # for him? Is he still making cabs?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts