The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a somewhat rare amp yesterday. The 50th anniversary 1962LE Bluesbreaker amp. Marshall made 50 of these with the Whisky and the Aged Les Paul and another 50 with just the amp.

It sounds great with my Strat doing clean and edge of break up tones. I'm looking forward to jumpering the channels and plugging in a les Paul and diming this bad boy!

Guitar amplifier Electronic instrument Auto part Radiator
Audio equipment Electronic instrument Technology Electronic device Subwoofer

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very nice!!!!
Yeah, I dig it! Someday I will own an original from 1966 but this will get me by until I win the lottery. lol

Marshall had Celestion make the exact Alnico speakers that were used in 66 and went back to drake with the Tranny specs too.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I picked up a somewhat rare amp yesterday. The 50th anniversary 1962LE Bluesbreaker amp. Marshall made 50 of these with the Whisky and the Aged Les Paul and another 50 with just the amp.

It sounds great with my Strat doing clean and edge of break up tones. I'm looking forward to jumpering the channels and plugging in a les Paul and diming this bad boy!

View attachment 95201 View attachment 95217
Sweet!

·
Registered
10,691 Posts
A friend picked up a normal Bluesbreaker the other day. The thing sounds righteous.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Very nice.

As I understand, these are JTM45's with tremolo?

How's the weight on that bad boy? I've pretty much given up on 212 combos because, basically, I'm a weak feeble girly-man now.

Reactions: colchar

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice.

As I understand, these are JTM45's with tremolo?

How's the weight on that bad boy? I've pretty much given up on 212 combos because, basically, I'm a weak feeble girly-man now.
I'm not sure exactly but it was heavy! I have quite a few amps so I'm happy keeping this one at home. I'm a weak feeble girly man now too....and more than that, I'm lazy! Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts