Premium Member
4,486 Posts
Ok, I admit, This part was a bit of a pain.... Because of the VRM module

Reactions: Frenchy99

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I bought one of the Trinity Amps version of this build and as a tool maker with no electronics training, I was able to finish the amp with no problems. The documentation is over the top and the pictures make it as easy as can be.

Nice job! I like how you braided the wires to the output impedance selector. That is dead secksy!

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
Thanks!! I had to watch a few videos to learn how to do it. LOL. The instructions say to braid the wires, but they don't say how

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Don't you just hate it when your missing 1 little f... item to finish! :rolleyes:
I do.

I finished it today, using a later model Marshall selector switch. I just had to "enlarge" the hole a bit. That Chinese plexi plastic smells like nothing I've ever smelt before. Really odd, and not a good odd either. Bizarre might be a better word.
Anyway, all is well, the amp makes nothing but good sounds, and it doesn't hum. I haven't hooked it up to a speaker cab yet however, looking forward to that.
18watt-10.jpg

One question remains.......head or combo?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Nice ! Clean !

Congrats on the build!

This would fall in the combo cat. for me...

Either way you have yourself another great build !

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
it sounds good too. I'm lovin the master volume. Anything past about 5 on the volume gets real gritty fast. Between the volume and the master volume, you can dial in anything you want. Pedals be dammed, we don't need no stinking pedals! :D
Right on!

So, what's next? ;)

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Right on!

So, what's next? ;)
In the shop I've got a 2x12 bluesbreaker style combo cabinet partially built for the JTM45 I made a while back. Need to finish that off.
On the bench, I'm working on a little 1 watt amp called a "Firefly". Also have a square angle Princeton Reverb going together.
No shortage of projects.

Firefly1.jpg

B#(*

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
In the shop I've got a 2x12 bluebreaker style combo cabinet partially built for the JTM45 I made a while back. Need to finish that off.
On the bench, I'm working on a little 1 watt amp called a "Firefly". Also have a square angle Princeton Reverb going together.
No shortage of projects.

View attachment 281504

B#(*
I look forward to several build threads. :D

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Only thing I'm not enjoying is the tiny 9 pin tube sockets. I think if I ever build another 18W, I'm going build it with a GZ34 (or solid state rec.) and 6V6 power tubes. That's how much I dislike 9 pin sockets.
Replying a bit late here but...

I hear you. I use 'helping hands' to deal with the 9 pin sockets. They're a pain in the behind for sure.

Attachments

21 - 39 of 39 Posts