The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wouldn't mind starting a bit of a Marcus King thread. Not sure if there's something similar, if so let me know please and thanks. I know there are a few guys around here that have been following him. Love to hear opinions on this guy. Pretty fantastic player and singer for me. Has his own sound. I get a strong Janis J vibe from him, with some Black Crowes and of course the Allmans. Not to mention Lynnard lol. I'm a huge Southern Rock fan BTW.

·
Registered
24,342 Posts
He had a Guitar Player cover story a few years ago, which sparked my curiosity about him. There are a lot of his concerts uploaded to the Sugarmegs site. He's as soulful a guitarist as Derek Trucks, but unlike Trucks is as good a singer as he is guitar player. This kid is a real up-and-comer. Recommended.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Thanks for the introduction :
Love this band and particularly love the instrumentation makeup.
Keyboards and horns are a great mix.
G.

Thanks for this. Seems music is not dead yet.
Sounds quite a bit like Jonny Lang to me. Which is a very good thing.

Reactions: davetcan

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Love his voice!

Cheezyryder turned me on to Southern rock with Gov’t mule. I remember him playing some lead lines of one of their songs and it sounded amazing.

My fav SR band so far is Molly Hatchet. There are a few I have listened to so far and they are by far the best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts