The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Being a big fan of both all things Star Wars and spaghetti twang i like this by default and will be sure to follow it's life cycle! Look forward to the video.

I know you probably aren't looking for mix feedback or critiques but that is what we sort of do over on my forum and i can't help it. I am sorry.

That snare fill at 0:40 (and all other subsequent instances of it) needs some humanization of some sort. My guess is that you are using something like EZdrummer or something of that nature so the fix should be fairly simple. It just kind of comes out of nowhere and feels unnatural with the vibe you got going on there.

Again sorry, i am just predisposed to be a second set of ears and comment on this stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Being a big fan of both all things Star Wars and spaghetti twang i like this by default and will be sure to follow it's life cycle! Look forward to the video.

I know you probably aren't looking for mix feedback or critiques but that is what we sort of do over on my forum and i can't help it. I am sorry.

That snare fill at 0:40 (and all other subsequent instances of it) needs some humanization of some sort. My guess is that you are using something like EZdrummer or something of that nature so the fix should be fairly simple. It just kind of comes out of nowhere and feels unnatural with the vibe you got going on there.

Again sorry, i am just predisposed to be a second set of ears and comment on this stuff.
No worries, I expected nothing less from this group. That’s the demo; I’ll be using a live drummer for the final track.

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m guessing you mean the press roll - that will be present on the recorded part too, as I write drum parts fairly specifically. I certainly prefer a human press roll though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts