Discussion Starter #1
making my own board..

anyone know where i can get latches??

i think i am going to buy a metal briefcase.. ; >

i'll post pictures if i am successful

·
Registered
365 Posts
I just bought a used well made suitcase from a thrift store. Then I just reinforced the case to make it stronger.

I would of loved to get a nice metal flight case, but after the price of the case, velcro, latches, etc, I think you're almost better off buying a brand name used board. Anyways, Id check out Home Depot.

If you know where to get inexpensive larger metal cases let me know!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well right now i am thinking of just making the base out of wood and getting aluminum trim with replacement carpet to make it look nice..

then i want to make a cover for it .. that's why i needed latches..

but my other option was to buy a metal briefcase from ebay.. at like 21 bucks.. i only have like 4 pedals so yah.. a briefcase would be ok for me ;>

·
Registered
68 Posts
Why don't you just cut a piece of 3/4" plywood that fits snuggly in the case and mount your pedals to that so you can take it out to use it.You won't have to step over the case or worry about it sliding around.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pedal Board

I am thinking of building one also. A few years ago I built a two step case that would accomodate two rows of pedals. I made a lid for it and secured it in place from latches I bought at Canadian Tire. There are lots of different latches out there.
I have collected so many pedals that a couple of smaller boards may be in order.
They really do simplify your setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts