The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help... I am looking to build my own amp... preferably using a kit as I am a bit of a techno-peasant. I have a co-worker who is a tech expert and he is going to assist me in building it out, so there is no chance of me injuring myself.

Can anyone help steer me in the right direction as to finding a decent amp kit maker. So far I have been looking to Mojotone.com, but I would like to find others. I appreciate what they have, however you can't change any of the parts (I want to customize speakers,..etc) and I am looking to build something of quality.

My goal is to build something of a 60's Marshall..preferably a combo.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it immensely.http://www.guitarscanada.com/Board/images/smilies/rockon.gif
:rockon:

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Cdn_Cracker said:
I need some help... I am looking to build my own amp... preferably using a kit as I am a bit of a techno-peasant. I have a co-worker who is a tech expert and he is going to assist me in building it out, so there is no chance of me injuring myself.

Can anyone help steer me in the right direction as to finding a decent amp kit maker. So far I have been looking to Mojotone.com, but I would like to find others. I appreciate what they have, however you can't change any of the parts (I want to customize speakers,..etc) and I am looking to build something of quality.

My goal is to build something of a 60's Marshall..preferably a combo.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it immensely.http://www.guitarscanada.com/Board/images/smilies/rockon.gif
:rockon:
You can change parts to your delite at Mojotone.com, I always do.

www.tedweber.com has kits but his components aren't as of good quality as Mojo tone.

For Marshall clone builds I order the kit from mojotone minus the speaker. Throw in a Heritage G12H30 and change the caps to Sozos and bamm, tone heaven.

For Fender clone builds I order the kit from mojotone minus the speaker and transformers. Order a speaker from Ted Weber or Eminence. Order transformers from Mercury Magnetics. Maybe change some cap types. Again bamm, tone heaven.

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts