The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pedal from a forumite and he shipped it yesterday, Nov 29, 2018. Today he gave me the tracking number and it says the delivery date is December 12 2018. So this is from Alberta border (Saskatchewan) to Ontario. (Ottawa). So 14 days seems a bit slow.

I will update to see if it does take that long. Here is how far it has gone to date:

2018/11/29 23:00 SASKATOON, SK Item in transit

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Tonight I ordered about 175 worth of stuff from Cosmo mostly strings. Shipping is free over 100 so I selected Purolator rather than Canada Post. Get to the final stage of the checkout and all of a sudden it’s canada post and no option to change back to Purolator. Still free shipping but I cancelled the order (1) because it might take 4 months the get here and (2) I will never use Canada post for anything ever again if I can avoid it.

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
Ottawa to Toronto expedited parcels used to be 1 day....last two I’ve sent have been closer to 7 days, so it wouldn’t surprise me if 2 weeks is accurate from SK to Ottawa.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a pedal from France to Waterloo, with last stage on CP, including customs clearance, in 4 days flat, arrived today.

And by the way ...

How do you like the pedal? Is it digital or analog? Do you mind sharing the cost?

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
How do you like the pedal? Is it digital or analog? Do you mind sharing the cost?
No idea yet, just walked in the door. But I thought I’d take the risk since I am realizing more and more that pickups-to-amp match is a big deal for high gain. And they had an intro sale on, $300 CAD delivered to me. Customer #11. I’ll try to post thoughts on @Kenmac ‘s post about this as I learn something about it.

Oh, and digital vs analog, no idea, but it draws 15mA, so that sounds analog.

·
Registered
11,946 Posts
That must've been shipped regular mail, not sure why anyone would ship that way anyway, especially longer distances.

I shipped out a package yesterday Expidited through CP from Sudbury to Halifax and four business days was the quoted timeline.
We'll see how close they come to the estimate yet though.

·
Premium Member
4,545 Posts
I just got a package from the UK that was shipped 2 days into the strike. Still no snail mail in over 2 weeks though. One day this week I should come home and find 20 packages from China. Lol.

·
Premium Member
17,596 Posts
I just got a package from the UK that was shipped 2 days into the strike. Still no snail mail in over 2 weeks though.
This is interesting. We have been receiving (some) snail mail throughout the strike. However, I am wondering abut the progress with the reported several hundred transport trailers/vans of mail backed up at the main sorting terminal(s) ..e.g., Mississauga.

·
Premium Member
4,545 Posts
I've bought 16 packages Since October 25 and only 1 has shown up. Paid all my bills by making guesses this month. 15 of those packages were from China. A few sellers from China actually cancelled sales on me because of the strike

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Tonight I ordered about 175 worth of stuff from Cosmo mostly strings. Shipping is free over 100 so I selected Purolator rather than Canada Post. Get to the final stage of the checkout and all of a sudden it’s canada post and no option to change back to Purolator. Still free shipping but I cancelled the order (1) because it might take 4 months the get here and (2) I will never use Canada post for anything ever again if I can avoid it.
Fair warning. CP delivers a lot of packages for Purolator, UPS, and the others.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Delivery date got extended 1 day from 12/12 to 12/13.

·
Administrator
16,448 Posts
3 things I'm tracking at the moment. Note that none of them are regular parcel. The last 2 "should" have arrived by now, "expected" delivery is end of next week, which is a joke. One is going from London to Montreal, the other from TO to London.

2018/11/30 / 00:01 Delivery may be delayed due to labour disruption Xpresspost
2018/11/30 / 00:01 Delivery may be delayed due to labour disruption Expedited Parcels
2018/11/30 / 00:01 Delivery may be delayed due to labour disruption Expedited Parcels

·
Premium Member
4,545 Posts

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I selected Purolator rather than Canada Post. Get to the final stage of the checkout and all of a sudden it’s canada post and no option to change back to Purolator. Still free shipping but I cancelled the order (1) because it might take 4 months the get here and (2) I will never use Canada post for anything ever again if I can avoid it.
I got to the end of an order via Purolator shipping and started seeing the CP logo, and options to have it sent to the post office. Not sure if that was what you were seeing, but I was definitely confused as to whether it was actually going to be shipped by Puro, or by CP. I went through with it anyway, and it did show up via Purolator.

·
Registered
11,675 Posts
I shipped out a bunch of pedals on the 19th using Xpresspost and Expedited, everything that went to the US was delivered a week ago but everything staying in Canada is saying delayed and scheduled for delivery Dec 12th.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts