The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup..

After all the searching and reading and deciding i have made my final decision.

I am going to get the Epiphone Les Paul Custom Limited Edition Silverburst.

I looked for a used gibson standard but they were all over my budget.. i guess people just get lucky..

but i did a search for different colours and i found the silverburst and i fell in love with the colour.. i wanted no other colour! so i called STEVE's MUSIC and they said they can;t get it.. I called Long and McQuade and they said they have a few in Calgary.

but i am going to buffalo on Civic Holiday and so i decided to give the GUITAR CENTER a shot.. called them and they said they probably cannot get it.. but will try.. i got a call a day later saying that he found one in California and is shipping to his store.. they didn;t ask for deposit or anything and said it will be ready by the 6th.. so i am EXCITED.. the price is better then Here in Canada because of the exchange rate ; >

here is a picture:

·
Registered
365 Posts
That's a great looking guitar!

I have an Epiphone Custom SG and it plays great. I'm not a huge fan of the pickups but it has 3 of them so I don't want to replace them. Other than that it's a really good guitar to hammer away on.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Congratulations,...glad you found something you like.
...of course you will give us a peek when you bring it home...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Great choice! I'm on the market for that exact guitar! Let us know you final price and where you end up buying it.

Over the last 2 years, I've bought 5 guitars......3 of them costing $1500.00+ and two of them Epiphones.....one is an Elitist. I am extremely impressed with the Epiphones. They play like $1500.00 guitars!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Very nice and classy looking guitar. BTW ne1roc, the reason why the Elitists are so good is because they're Japanese made. They seem to put more time into their guitars and they have high quality standards.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Nice looking guitar. I've had a few Epis over the years and they are good bang for the buck. Enjoy!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've a friend with the exact same guitar. Definitely nice to look at and, although I only spent a few minutes noodling on it, nice to play as well.

·
Premium Member
17,855 Posts
thas cool

i love LP's but dont dig silverburst anything except my watch :p

maybe i'll go play my les paul just to make the wait for yours more agonizign lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha.. thanks for the comments.. i will post pictures.. i read reviews and a lot of them say the pictures don;t do justice.. but we'll see..

can't wait.. t-minus one week ; >

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
update...

so guitar center calls me last week right before i was going to head over to buffalo on monday (yesterday) and tells me that the place in Cali can't ship it for a few months!!!! ARGH

so yah i went on a rampage to see who else can get it for me.. and when i called long and mcquade they told me that it was discontinued and i can't get it... but i told me try and call other stores to see if they have it.. they called me back in about 15mins and told me that Calgaray store has it!! WHOO HOO.. so i said order that.. put my deposit and it should be here by end of this week.. ; > so hopefully everything is good..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I GOT IT... and i love it!

played it this past sunday at church.. it sounds amazing!

oh the amp i have is a marshall vs240?? i dunno how good or bad that is.. but it's the one i use..

pics shall come soon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts