The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Some forumites might be into. Myself, I really don't listen to or hear the lyrics in 95% of the songs with vocals, except those Franks Z's. I tend to hear the melody, as with other musical instruments.
I'm the same way. I grew up in Europe and only learned English when I was 10 and came to Canada. However, much of my family listened to Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin and I loved them too as a kid. However, as a result, I pretty much got used to not paying attention to the meaning of lyrics so then even when I came to Canada and learned the language (or listened to songs in my language) I was just so used to ignoring them that I just couldn't understand what the singer was saying. It seems really strange but it's only in the last couple of years (I'm 21 now) that I can actually "hear" the lyrics the way normal people do. It seems that I taught myself to hear the sounds and not the words, it's kind of hard to explain actually...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.