The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know who is in charge of this kind of thing, I'm assuming it's one of the mods, but have any of you ever considered putting a Lyrics thread - like its on section as in the way "Guitar tech" and "effect pedals..." has their own?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For some reason it didnt post the rest of my message. Here it is:

We could post our lyrics and have each other cri. them. Just a thought. I'd be interested in seeing what you all have to say about mine, and reading about yours and giving my advice. Who would be down for something like that?

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
Some forumites might be into. Myself, I really don't listen to or hear the lyrics in 95% of the songs with vocals, except those Franks Z's. I tend to hear the melody, as with other musical instruments.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, let's get one of the mods in on this, and a few more forumites, and see what they have to say about the idea.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Some forumites might be into. Myself, I really don't listen to or hear the lyrics in 95% of the songs with vocals, except those Franks Z's. I tend to hear the melody, as with other musical instruments.
I'm the same way. I grew up in Europe and only learned English when I was 10 and came to Canada. However, much of my family listened to Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin and I loved them too as a kid. However, as a result, I pretty much got used to not paying attention to the meaning of lyrics so then even when I came to Canada and learned the language (or listened to songs in my language) I was just so used to ignoring them that I just couldn't understand what the singer was saying. It seems really strange but it's only in the last couple of years (I'm 21 now) that I can actually "hear" the lyrics the way normal people do. It seems that I taught myself to hear the sounds and not the words, it's kind of hard to explain actually...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts