The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.purevolume.com/youinseries

listen to any song...but specifically listen to See Not What You Want, But Who You Really Are

Now read these lyrics:

See Not What You Want, But Who You Really Are

"Whos been telling lies and wearing the meaning out? Dont you know Im never alone? Avoiding a reason that I am an explanation put into you like it never even happened. Youve been chasing them, wondering where theyve gone (or who theyre after). Who is that singing You must be so lonely. You made a mistake and I got away with words, just hiding at all the right times. O weakness of mine, where are you roaming? Stay and hear your true loves coming."

what on earth are they talking about?

"Avoiding a reason that I am an explanation put into you like it never even happened."

I dont think the singer's english teacher would be very happy with such grammar...Can anybody translate that part for me into plain English?

the song almost makes sense when sung...but I dont know now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can't really make sence of it when sung, that being said, the lack of sence is made up for in the singing. Then again lyrics don't need to make sence now days, naive teenagers crave the funky beats of your every day shitty mainstream pop, hip hop music. Hell Will.I.Am has a hard time spelling tasty right. Check out the lyrics to Fergilicious. I'm a teenager myself, but I am, always have been, and always will be a born rocker.:rockon2:

·
Registered
737 Posts
GuitaristZ said:
http://www.purevolume.com/youinseries

"Avoiding a reason that I am an explanation put into you like it never even happened."...............
Ok, lemme try; first, gonna take the confusion out:
"Avoiding a reason ........ like it never even happened."

That's pretty clear, the person has been avoiding something and deny it like it never happened.

Now, crunch the confusion: "that I am an explanation put into you", this 'other' is saying that he is the explanation, the 'soul' of this person.

So, here's my take:
"You have been avoiding your true self, the reason that you are on this planet, the explanation is in you, but you deny it"

The rest of the lyrics seem to support the idea that this is the person's 'soul' talking.

Howzzat?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts