The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anyone know where I can get #8 Luxe tubing for making Gibson harnesses with braided wire. Everyone wants 30 USD to ship 2 feet of tube. Effing ridiculous

Luxe-8-PVC-150x150.jpg

·
Premium Member
17,890 Posts
Our local Ma & Pa electronics store has tubing (or at lest they did in the past).
It probably isn't Luxe and might be any colour (or clear)..is that OK?.

What is the inside diameter (ID) you want?
I can't find the ID dimension for #8 Luxe and the last time I bought tubing it was black and the ID was about 3/16" or 1/4". I couldn't find anything (at that time) that was a smaller diameter but large enough to fit over a single braided wire.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ID has to be 3.4mm or about .130" . I could care less about the color. Although, I was thinking of making up a few harnesses to see if there was a market for something a little cheaper than some of the online shops sell them for. I wonder if people would care that the tubing was not black "official Gibson" tubing.

BTY it's also called spaghetti tubing.

If worse comes to worse I'll look for thick wall shrink wrap. Should look the same

·
Premium Member
17,890 Posts
So, would 1/8" be OK ?

I thought spaghetti tubing was made from cloth and MUCH more expensive.

This is just plastic tubing.

Let me know if you want me to look into this. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually 1/8 is a smidge too tight. I'm not going to bother. Shrink wrap works well enough. I can always double it.
Thanks for the offer though

·
Registered
192 Posts
I know Stang Guitars sells Luxe stuff.
Contact them and ask if you can't buy a few inches of the #8 tubing and have'em ship it within Canada?
The tubing may not be listed on their site, but their tech does have it on hand.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Shot them an email

1 - 7 of 7 Posts