The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening All!

I am having trouble finding anywhere that sells any LTD/ESP/Schecter parts!

I’m desperately trying to get a Trem cover and having no luck. Does anyone have any insight as to wear in Canada I can order a part like this? I can order a custom one from the US but it’s an 8 week wait and I’d like to use that as a last resort. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Do you mean the back cover plate? It likely doesn't have to be an ESP/LTD original. Have you contacted the Canadian distributor?

B&J Music
21000 Trans-Canadienne
Baie D’Urfe, QC H9X 4B7
Canada
P: +800 2688147

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Long McQuade ordered some tuning pegs for my ESP Bass. It took a while as it seemed to be a bit of a PITA and a little more time consuming than you'd normally expect. It might come down to finding the right person at L&M too. The guy I dealt with was with Axe Music in Edmonton before they became L&M and Axe was an ESP dealer for quite a while before L&M.

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
I would check Jemsite. They are mostly Ibanez but you never know.

Other than that, if you have access to Yahoo Japan through a third party like Jauce or Rinkya

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
Local dealer or get a used one off reverb.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you mean the back cover plate? It likely doesn't have to be an ESP/LTD original. Have you contacted the Canadian distributor?

B&J Music
21000 Trans-Canadienne
Baie D’Urfe, QC H9X 4B7
Canada
P: +800 2688147
I haven’t tried them yet I will give them a call today and see if they can get me one. Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Long McQuade ordered some tuning pegs for my ESP Bass. It took a while as it seemed to be a bit of a PITA and a little more time consuming than you'd normally expect. It might come down to finding the right person at L&M too. The guy I dealt with was with Axe Music in Edmonton before they became L&M and Axe was an ESP dealer for quite a while before L&M.
I’ve tried a few local dealers around Toronto and no luck so I assumed L&M wouldn’t but it’s worth a shot at this point! I’ve had no luck with Reverb either so hopefully L&M can come through. I’ll pay them a visit on my lunch and see if they can get me one. Thanks

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,821 Posts
Any tech or luthier who cuts pickguards could just make you one. There are tons around the Toronto area. Might be worth a shot.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, Long and McQuade initially said they could get the parts and then retracted that’s statement, so I guess I’m back to square one...

I don’t mine getting a luthier to do it but does anyone have any recommendations before I go blindly contacted luthiers?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
Well, Long and McQuade initially said they could get the parts and then retracted that’s statement, so I guess I’m back to square one...

I don’t mine getting a luthier to do it but does anyone have any recommendations before I go blindly contacted luthiers?

Thanks!
Why not get the measurements (I'm assuming there's already holes drilled) and see if any of your friends have the right cutting tool to DIY? 2mm thickness, shield the inside, biggest hassle would probably be replacing the screws. But that's what google is for.

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
Can you take a picture or post the model number of the guitar

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
For sure it’s an LTD M-1000, I will have to include a picture later but all 1000 series should have the same trem cover size.
another easy test: swing by music pro, buy the allparts backplate and see if it fits. Check the return policy to make sure you can take it back first though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
another easy test: swing by music pro, buy the allparts backplate and see if it fits. Check the return policy to make sure you can take it back first though.
Yeah it won’t fit, I tried the general ones and the strat sizes. It’s either long enough and not wide enough, or wide enough but too long. It’s a slimmer design than most.

I believe the measurements I took were 88mmx141mm

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Did L&M give you a reason for changing their mind? Or was it just to much of a nuisance for them to bother? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
Well, you cannot buy a new one. It will have to be custom. Have you looked for a Metric cover as opposed to imperial measurement ? From the ESP website

m1000.JPG

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did L&M give you a reason for changing their mind? Or was it just to much of a nuisance for them to bother? Just curious.
the first guy said he would get back to me and never did. Then the 2nd guy said it wasn’t possible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, you cannot buy a new one. It will have to be custom. Have you looked for a Metric cover as opposed to imperial measurement ? From the ESP website

View attachment 290356
yeah I saw that on their site, but Schecter says the same thing and I managed to get a truss today cover from them last year so I figured it was worth a shot!

·
Registered
4,581 Posts

View attachment 290356
Kinda strange that they'd say that. Just a few of months ago I got L&M to get ESP branded Tuning pegs for a 2006 Viper Bass. They messed up at first sending the wrong color, but after L&M sent them back the correct ones arrived. I have no idea who L&M actually dealt with but I assumed from my chit chat with them that it was ESP themselves. Weird. Different supplier of original parts maybe?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts