The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,865 Posts
Black Tremclad fix that up no problem.
I actually used some Higgins on my Gretsch fretboard after scraping it. There was a sort of waxy coating on the fretboard (as seen on other Electromatics and some Epiphones), but the rosewood underneath was quite nice. I put on some India Ink and it did darken quite a bit.

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
7,414 Posts
You can see the ridge for the neck through in the pictures so probably; unless the line is just India ink.

·
Premium Member
3,472 Posts
You can see the ridge for the neck through in the pictures so probably; unless the line is just India ink.
They've done it before - bolt on neck with the ridge, and even set neck like this (you can totally see the neck joint in the pic above) though that has been more rare. At least it ain't bolt on. I agree it's stupid to have the ridge without true neck thru, but it ain't the first time and people keep buying them.

All (vintage Gibson) nonreverse F and T Birds were set neck (no ridge tho).

Reactions: jdto

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
7,414 Posts
Yeah, I was wondering about the part that looked like a neck joint but kinda ignored it.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Although I myself don't care much for signature guitars or limited editions, well not enough to pay a premium at least, is there really a market for a limited edition Epiphone?

·
Premium Member
18,551 Posts
Although I myself don't care much for signature guitars or limited editions, well not enough to pay a premium at least, is there really a market for a limited edition Epiphone?
Yes. Way more attainable than the equivalent Gibson.

·
Premium Member
2,865 Posts
They wouldn't make them if there weren't. Epiphone has been putting out quite a few runs of signature, limited and special editions that seem to be quite good.

·
Premium Member
3,472 Posts

Um; see the Bonamassa . I'm surprised they didn't do a second run (or another model year) considering how well that sold. This may in fact be an attempt to do just that, kinda; with a slight variance for those who weren't into the pup config of that one, and saving some prod costs by using set vs thru neck. I just really hope they do a nonreverse at some point.

Reactions: jdto
1 - 20 of 20 Posts