The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar

what do you think? is that skb an original case? i don't actually know, but i don't remember hearing anyone mention a time when gibson used someone else's case for an LP standard. also, i think the price is way high.
i was thinking much lower, $1200-$1400. you guys know more about them than i do, what do you think?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
It’s not the original case , which lowers the value, and he is way high..I have seen Standards in Canada with the right case for 1600.00, so your assessment is correct.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Any LP standards I find in Kijiji Edmonton is around $2000. Must be the going rate around here. Never saw a Standard for $1200 - $1400....that's for sure.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Any LP standards I find in Kijiji Edmonton is around $2000. Must be the going rate around here. Never saw a Standard for $1200 - $1400....that's for sure.
Not a chance out here on the coast either and our market has the largest selection and best prices in the country on Craigslist. I used to compare them to Toronto, but it isn't even close. I check our CL every day.

Here is a search of CL in Vancouver for Gibson Les Paul
vancouver, BC musical instruments "gibson les paul" - craigslist

Here is TO:
toronto musical instruments "gibson les paul" - craigslist

Maybe $1200.00-$1400.00 for a beat up one-colour Standard rarely in our market, not a 'burst in decent shape. My brother has a friend who is a member of 'The Knitting Club' which is a bunch of old guys with money who are guitar collectors/re-sellers more than players. When a decent LP gets down around $1600.00 most times it is gone fast.

Prices in our market were @ their lowest about 5 years ago when I 'stole this 'burst for $1450.0(pictured left). But that would never happen in the current market out here.

Edit***the LP is a 2005

gitz.jpg
:

Reactions: Dorian2

·
Registered
57 Posts
In my opinion $2000 US for a standard is way too high... You can find a used Historic (plain top R8 or R7) for about $500 more.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
In my opinion $2000 US for a standard is way too high... You can find a used Historic (plain top R8 or R7) for about $500 more.
I haven't seen a R7 or R8 plain top go for 2500.00 since 2012,they average around 3400 to 4000.Anywhere ontario and Quebec.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I haven't seen a R7 or R8 plain top go for 2500.00 since 2012,they average around 3400 to 4000.Anywhere ontario and Quebec.
I agree with you, but the OP is located in the US, and the prices I quoted are in US currency as well. There are plain top R8's for sale on forums for around US $2500 (3300$ CAN).

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
I own a 2002. First year that the Stds featured bursts (again). There was also a real uptick in quality in 02'. Proper case is brown with the pink interior and "flap". I could see 2g's CDN for a nice one - but not U.S. unless it's a AAA top or a Supreme or some other such variation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts