The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
I have a Les Paul. G always flat. I've recently been messing with open, 12th fret harmonics, and 7th fret harmonics for tuning. It's leading to finding a middle ground on a couple of strings....aiming on the slightly flat side. It's like figuring out which part of the guitar I want "more tuned". ;)

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
I always find that the G is hardest to get in tune.

Reactions: SWLABR

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I have a buddy who runs a small recording studio. I swung by once just to hang out while a guy was recording bed-tracks for a demo. My buddy clicks the intercom into the next room you're a little flat. Oh, am I? and proceeds to try re-tune using harmonics, but nothing to tune it to. He was just getting the guitar back in tune with it's self.

click: get out!

The guy had no idea why my buddy was so angry. It was funny as hell... (for bed-tracks, ya kinda need to be in A-440 if the rest of the guitars/basses/keys are going to be)

·
Registered
Ibanez ORM, Ibanez SZ
110 Posts
I play .008-.038 strings. A strong breeze will sharpen them up.
Your low E could be my A. :LOL:
Mind you that's on a 24" scale so I need pretty heavy strings even though I'm only tuned to C#.

I just tune to the attack, usually willing to tolerate being slightly flat over slightly sharp.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts